Continuo de la lectoescritura: Instrumento para la evaluación, planificación y enseñanza, grados PreK-2, Expanded Edition
Now aligned with The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum, Expanded Edition, Continuo de la lectoecritura: Instrumento para la evaluacion, planificacion y ensenanza is your essential tool to guide assessment, activate responsive teaching, and support Spanish-speaking students’ language and literacy growth.
What is it?
Continuo de la lectoescritura, grados PreK–2, Expanded Edition names and categorizes the behaviors and understandings Spanish-speaking students can be expected to demonstrate in prekindergarten, kindergarten, first, and second grades.
Who is it for?
Continuo de la lectoescritura, grados PreK–2 provides a unified vision of what primary-age Spanish-speaking children need to be able to do as competent readers, writers, and language users, then discover how this guide can inform and support every aspect of literacy teaching. Keep it handy in the classroom, and use it to make effective teaching decisions to bring bilingual children forward in their literacy journeys.
What is inside?
Grounded in research and classroom experience, these helpful visual representations of goals for literacy in the primary grades allow you to analyze children’s strengths and identify where they need teaching support in different instructional contexts. They describe specific behaviors and understandings to notice, teach, and support at each grade level. Fountas and Pinnell present continua related to performance in eight critical instructional contexts:
- Interactive read-aloud
- Shared and performance reading
- Writing about reading
- Oral and visual communication
- Technological communication
- Phonics, spelling, and word study
- Guided reading
How is it implemented?
(Re)Discover Continuo de la lectoescritura, © 2019 for Grados PreK–2 to::
- elevate your language and literacy expertise
- develop an understanding of the demands of texts on readers
- build your understanding of the reading and writing process and how it changes over time
- hone your observation of students’ literacy behaviors
- teach toward student integration of the Systems of Strategic Actions
- articulate the literacy curriculum within and across grade levels
- activate the responsive teaching that meets students where they are and brings them forward with intention and precision
- build professional learning opportunities with colleagues
- create a common vision and common language for literacy in your school.