search navigation

HomeAssessment

Topics surrounding general assessment and the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment Systems.

How to Link BAS scores with LLI folders? Messages in this topic - RSS

Matilda
Matilda

4/21/2017
Matilda
Matilda
I need help! How do I effectively link my BAS scores to the LLI folders? Unfortunately our 'System Guides' for the levels I need no longer seem to be in my school, oops! In the Red systems guide the information is on Pg. 31 Section 3. There is a great LLI Red System Guide Organization chart but I also need to find it for the Orange Level (Kinder.), Green (Gr. 1), Blue (Gr. 2). I can't seem to find it! Can anyone help me? Thanks

`
edited by Matilda on 4/21/2017
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

4/21/2017
Matilda wrote:
I need help! How do I effectively link my BAS scores to the LLI folders? Unfortunately our 'System Guides' for the levels I need no longer seem to be in my school, oops! In the Red systems guide the information is on Pg. 32 Section 3. There is a great LLI Red System Guide Organization chart but I also need to find it for the Orange Level (Kinder.), Green (Gr. 1), Blue (Gr. 2). I can't seem to find it! Can anyone help me? Thanks

`

Matilda,
I'm not sure what you mean. My Red System Guide p. 32 is about pacing the lessons. Do you mean the Lesson Guide Organization charts that tell how many lessons are in each Lesson Guide volume? I'm not sure how the BAS scores and LLI folders fit in here? Could you provide a bit more information about what you need, please?
Debbie
0 link
Matilda
Matilda

4/21/2017
Matilda
Matilda
Hi Debbie, I'm so sorry I put the wrong page down! It's Pg. 31 not 32. If I have a child in Grade 3 and the BAS level is "N". How do I know which LLI folder to grab to start some interventions? Looking at Pg. 31 I am assuming I could start at Red LLI Level 65. My problem is I don't have this information for my Kinders, Gr. 1 & 2 students. I hope this makes a bit more sense now! Thanks for your efforts.
`
Matilda,
I'm not sure what you mean. My Red System Guide p. 32 is about pacing the lessons. Do you mean the Lesson Guide Organization charts that tell how many lessons are in each Lesson Guide volume? I'm not sure how the BAS scores and LLI folders fit in here? Could you provide a bit more information about what you need, please?
Debbie
0 link

4/21/2017
Matilda wrote:
Hi Debbie, I'm so sorry I put the wrong page down! It's Pg. 31 not 32. If I have a child in Grade 3 and the BAS level is "N". How do I know which LLI folder to grab to start some interventions? Looking at Pg. 31 I am assuming I could start at Red LLI Level 65. My problem is I don't have this information for my Kinders, Gr. 1 & 2 students. I hope this makes a bit more sense now! Thanks for your efforts.
`

Matilda,
Debbie
Ok, Yes, now I see what you need. You want the levels of the lessons in each system. Those charts were not in the Primary System Guides. Instead there is a Book Chart in the Appendix of the Guides. Also each lesson in the Lesson Guides have the level on them. There may be charts under the LLI information brochures under the Explore tab. I will have to check.
In the meantime, here is the information for you:

Orange Lessons 1-10 Getting Started/Lessons 11-30 Level A / Lessons 31-50 Level B / Lessons 51-70 Level C Do you have the new systems that go beyond to include the Booster packs for Orange and Green?
Green Lessons: 1-10 Getting Started / Lessons 11-20 A /21-30 B / 31-40 C/ 41-50 D/ 51-60 E /61-70 F /71-80 G / 81-90 H /91-100 I / 101-110 J
Blue Lessons: 1-10 C /11-20 D/ 21-30 E / 31-40 F / 41-50 G / 51-60 H / 61-70 I / 71-80 J / 81-90 K / 91-100 L / 101-110 M / 111-120 N

Debbie
0 link

4/21/2017
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
Matilda wrote:
`

Matilda,
Debbie

Ok, Yes, now I see what you need. You want the levels of the lessons in each system. Those charts were not in the Primary System Guides. Instead there is a Book Chart in the Appendix of the Guides. Also each lesson in the Lesson Guides have the level on them. There may be charts under the LLI information brochures under the Explore tab. I will have to check.
In the meantime, here is the information for you:

Orange Lessons 1-10 Getting Started/Lessons 11-30 Level A / Lessons 31-50 Level B / Lessons 51-70 Level C Do you have the new systems that go beyond to include the Booster packs for Orange and Green?
Green Lessons: 1-10 Getting Started / Lessons 11-20 A /21-30 B / 31-40 C/ 41-50 D/ 51-60 E /61-70 F /71-80 G / 81-90 H /91-100 I / 101-110 J
Blue Lessons: 1-10 C /11-20 D/ 21-30 E / 31-40 F / 41-50 G / 51-60 H / 61-70 I / 71-80 J / 81-90 K / 91-100 L / 101-110 M / 111-120 N

Debbie
Matilda,
I didn't find a chart printed in any of the online resources. The Book Charts in the first edition has that information which I recopied above. The new editions may have that chart of the Lesson Guide contents like those in the Intermediate Systems.
Debbie
0 link