search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Grade 2 Continuum Interactive Read Aloud Messages in this topic - RSS

stephanie117
stephanie117

5/30/2017
stephanie117
stephanie117
Looking at the goals for 2nd grade interactive read aloud and I am wondering if there is a scope and sequence for these goals? Also are there are questioning prompts to use with these goals. Thank you for your assistance.
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

5/30/2017
stephanie117 wrote:
Looking at the goals for 2nd grade interactive read aloud and I am wondering if there is a scope and sequence for these goals? Also are there are questioning prompts to use with these goals. Thank you for your assistance.

The Literacy Continuum is a sequence for the goals from grade level to grade level. The new Literacy Continuum provides a red bullet to mark new goals from grade to grade. Responsive teaching means the teacher assesses students to get a starting point then through ongoing observations to make decisions about which goals to teach in what order each year. There isn't a set scope and sequence for Interactive Read Alouds for every grade level.

The Teaching and Prompting Guides provide language for teaching, prompting, and supporting students. You could turn each bullet into a prompt to facilitate a student's thinking. Check out the webinar at this link for more information. http://www.fountasandpinnell.com/resourcelibrary/id/363

Debbie
0 link
FPUser43081
FPUser43081

13 days ago
FPUser43081
FPUser43081
Thanks for response debbie. I appreciated.

https://clipartpig.com/christmas-stocking-thank-you-clipart-167
edited by FPUser43081 on 7/11/2017
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

7 days ago
stephanie117 wrote:

There is no scope and sequence or statement of which goals should come first in the second grade list of Behaviors to Notice, Teach and Support. The most recent Continuum will indicate which behaviors are new to your grade level by bulleting them in red. Some teachers have found it valuable to turn the listed behaviors for your grade level or gradient text level into questions. There are also two prompting guides available which give the facilitative language you might use to teach, prompt and reinforce behaviors. I have linked them here: http://www.heinemann.com/products/e09278.aspx

Thank you for a great question. I hope this helps. Best wishes as you work with your students.

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link