search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Handwriting paper using verbal path Messages in this topic - RSS

Xtina
Xtina

21 days ago
Xtina
Xtina
Hi, I love the verbal path and the groupings of letters made in similar ways. I was hoping to find practice pages with each of the letters, including the wording and arrows for letter formation. Do these exist? Anyone have some to share? Thanks, Christina
+1 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

21 days ago
Xtina wrote:
Hi, I love the verbal path and the groupings of letters made in similar ways. I was hoping to find practice pages with each of the letters, including the wording and arrows for letter formation. Do these exist? Anyone have some to share? Thanks, Christina

We are so glad you are finding the verbal path for letters helpful. We do not have any practice pages available through Heinemann since it is critical that the 'words/language' accompany the letter formation and is designed to be used with verbal prompting during instruction. During writing in LLI lessons, when a letter is unknown, you can have the child write the letter several times on the practice page (left side) of the writing book as you prompt with the verbal path language. Increased 'need' to write a letter during written communications tends to increase memory of the letter.

We wish you the best during writing instruction!

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
+1 link