search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Seeking simple Guided Reading Anecdotal Note Page Messages in this topic - RSS

penguinslovetacos
penguinslovetacos

7 days ago
I am seeking a simple Guided Reading Anecdotal Note page where I have room to record reading observations and student names. Thank you.
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

7 days ago
penguinslovetacos wrote:
I am seeking a simple Guided Reading Anecdotal Note page where I have room to record reading observations and student names. Thank you.

I agree, you want the simplest form possible. A simple note page for Guided Reading is provided in the new Guided Reading 2nd Edition text by Fountas and Pinnell as well as in the Online Resources. It is basically one page divided into six boxes. Some teachers have used post-it's (one for each child and placed the post-it in each child's reading folder after the lesson) Some teachers have kept notes on 3X5 cards that they can add to the child's folder. I have used large address labels to make brief notes on - over a few days - and then placed them into each child's folder. Sometimes you just have to find what works best for you.

I hope this helps. We wish you the best!

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link