search navigation

HomeProfessional Development

Questions about off-site, on-site, online and university professional development.

Literacy Continuum Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser60257
FPUser60257

11 days ago
FPUser60257
FPUser60257
I am doing some professional development on the new Literacy Continuum (which I love). But I do have one question. When I watch the webinar it noted that the red dot was the first time the behavior/goal appears at that level. However, we are finding that there are some of the exact behaviors, over multiple levels, are indicated with a red dot. Can someone explain why the same behavior would have a red dot again? Example- pg. 541 "moral lesson near the end of the story (sometimes explicitly stated)"- level S, and again on pg. 551- level T, both are marked with a red dot. Thank you for your help!
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

11 days ago
FPUser60257 wrote:
I am doing some professional development on the new Literacy Continuum (which I love). But I do have one question. When I watch the webinar it noted that the red dot was the first time the behavior/goal appears at that level. However, we are finding that there are some of the exact behaviors, over multiple levels, are indicated with a red dot. Can someone explain why the same behavior would have a red dot again? Example- pg. 541 "moral lesson near the end of the story (sometimes explicitly stated)"- level S, and again on pg. 551- level T, both are marked with a red dot. Thank you for your help!

I believe that text characteristic example is a typo. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please send others that you find and we will have the team make those corrections for the update section.
Thank you.
Debbie
0 link
FPUser60257
FPUser60257

10 days ago
FPUser60257
FPUser60257
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
FPUser60257 wrote:

I believe that text characteristic example is a typo. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please send others that you find and we will have the team make those corrections for the update section.
Thank you.
Debbie
0 link
FPUser60257
FPUser60257

10 days ago
FPUser60257
FPUser60257
I sure will! Thanks so much for your response!
0 link