search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

LLI Messages in this topic - RSS

SBA
SBA

3/7/2018
SBA
SBA
When students are being pulled for LLI what is the best time to do that? These students are going to be missing at least 30 minutes of classroom time (for something very worthwhile) but what do you suggest they miss?
SB
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

3/7/2018
SBA wrote:
When students are being pulled for LLI what is the best time to do that? These students are going to be missing at least 30 minutes of classroom time (for something very worthwhile) but what do you suggest they miss?
SB

Those decisions are really up to the teacher, school, or district to make to fit the individual needs. In my experiences I hear many teachers pull students during their independent reading time. The rationale is that sometimes readers who are struggling or have lost interest are not using that time wisely anyway. Depending on the grade level I hear others pull students from part of content periods of instruction if they are not tested in those areas. There are many things to consider in scheduling lessons that depend on the age, grade, school schedules, state requirements, etc. You may want to poll people via the Facebook group to get more responses and ideas.

Best wishes for success in using LLI. Hopefully the students will accelerate quickly and exit so this is not a problem.
Debbie
0 link