search navigation

HomeProfessional Books

Fountas and Pinnell professional books including the Comprehensive Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study Guide, and Literacy Beginnings.

Guiding Readers and Writers First 20 Days Messages in this topic - RSS

CSPworkinghard
CSPworkinghard

4/23/2018
CSPworkinghard
CSPworkinghard
I have the book, Guiding Readers and Writers and chapter 9 is the first 20 days of teaching 3rd-6th grade, but is there a first 20 days of teaching for K-2? Another book perhaps? I also have the K-2 Guided Reading good first teaching for all children, but there is no modified version of the first 20 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

4/24/2018
On page 548 of their new book: Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching Across the grades, please see: Getting Started: The First Eight Weeks
“We suggest a plan for the first eight weeks of school (see Figure 22-19) to establish the community and expectations. The “getting started” period sets the tone for the year. You can pull back and “start over” if you have to, but it’s best to get things right from the start. The first few weeks, students are most willing to behave in the new ways you (and the community) expect.

I believe this is what you may be looking for. The chart breaks the eight weeks down into manageable bits.

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link
timbetancourt
timbetancourt

7/31/2018
timbetancourt
timbetancourt
Hello

I'm using this workshop book in pdf - https://www.epsd.us/Curriculum/Elementary/G2efirst.pdf for reading tasks. Have you tried to find something similar to Guiding Readers and Writer?

Tim Betancourt

English and French Lessons teacher
dissertation writer.
edited by timbetancourt on 7/31/2018
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

7/31/2018
timbetancourt wrote:
Hello

I'm using this workshop book in pdf - https://www.epsd.us/Curriculum/Elementary/G2efirst.pdf for reading tasks. Have you tried to find something similar to Guiding Readers and Writer?

Tim Betancourt

English and French Lessons teacher
dissertation writer.

edited by timbetancourt on 7/31/2018

I am not quite sure what you are asking? The pdf you attached seems to have been copied from some other resources and put together for personal use. Fountas and Pinnell have created suggested guidelines for the first few weeks of school and reading interest inventories in several of their professional books. Guiding Readers and Writers is one of those professional books.

Best wishes for success!

Debbie
0 link