search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Weeks of instruction Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser76105
FPUser76105

5/7/2018
FPUser76105
FPUser76105
How many weeks of instruction would it take to cover these resources effectively. Noticed a recommendation for 3 hrs a day, but will my 30 weeks be enough to get through the curriculum as intended? A recommended pacing would be helpful
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

5/7/2018
FPUser76105 wrote:
How many weeks of instruction would it take to cover these resources effectively. Noticed a recommendation for 3 hrs a day, but will my 30 weeks be enough to get through the curriculum as intended? A recommended pacing would be helpful

I'm sorry but I am not sure which resources you are referring to? I will assume the Fountas and Pinnell Classroom. There are some suggested schedules with each resource in your System Guides that come with the resources depending on which resource or bundle you purchased. There cannot be a definite program of sequenced lessons for every classroom or school because responsive teaching depends on the students in front of each teacher. The teacher must select the lessons the students need at a particular point in time based on the ongoing assessments and observations. It often varies from year to year. The Literacy Continuum has expectations for a school year for each grade in each component. In a cohesive, consistent, comprehensive school setting there should be no gaps. The school may have to make adjustments for a "curriculum" that responds to the students being taught.

This week's blog addresses some of these points. http://blog.fountasandpinnell.com/post/six-reasons-to-bring-fountas-and-pinnell-classroom-into-your-school
Another good blog http://blog.fountasandpinnell.com/post/what-is-responsive-teaching

Please let me know if I assumed the resource incorrectly.
Debbie
0 link