search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Aboriginal Resources Messages in this topic - RSS

Chelsey Abrahamson
Chelsey Abrahamson

11 days ago
I am a teacher working in northern Saskatchewan, Canada. We use the Fountas & Pinnell Literacy program in our classrooms for Guided Reading, assessment, and intervention.
My students really enjoy the character series and how they are consistent throughout the reading levels.

I am wondering if an Aboriginal based series will be available in the future? Many of our students are Aboriginal and it would be great for them to see culturally relevant reading material.

Thank you so much for any information you can share,

Chelsey Abrahamson
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

10 days ago
Chelsey Abrahamson wrote:
I am a teacher working in northern Saskatchewan, Canada. We use the Fountas & Pinnell Literacy program in our classrooms for Guided Reading, assessment, and intervention.
My students really enjoy the character series and how they are consistent throughout the reading levels.

I am wondering if an Aboriginal based series will be available in the future? Many of our students are Aboriginal and it would be great for them to see culturally relevant reading material.

Thank you so much for any information you can share,

Chelsey Abrahamson

Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted that your students are enjoying the series. Fountas and Pinnell consistently attempt to include other cultures in their texts in order to engage a greater number of students. We will pass on your request.
Thank you for your suggestion.

We wish you continued success with your students.

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
+1 link