search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

LLI & Danielson Messages in this topic - RSS

JMaher
JMaher

5 days ago
JMaher
JMaher
We are using LLI for the first time this year in my district. We also use the Danielson Rubric for teacher evaluation. Student self-assessment is an important component of distinguished instruction according to the Danielson Rubric. What would student self-assessment look like within the context of LLI?
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

5 days ago
JMaher wrote:
We are using LLI for the first time this year in my district. We also use the Danielson Rubric for teacher evaluation. Student self-assessment is an important component of distinguished instruction according to the Danielson Rubric. What would student self-assessment look like within the context of LLI?

You might take a look at the goals for every lesson and the informal observation at the end of every lesson. These are the behaviors and strategic actions broken down into manageable pieces for each lesson - that your readers need to use to process text successfully at that level. The Literacy Continuum (listing all the behaviors for each level) is located at the end of each set of lessons in the Lesson Guide, for the level you are working on.

You will use a rubric for fluency and comprehension. Both of those will help determine what needs to be taught next and what students need to learn next. Teaching within the LLI lesson is very explicit based on the text gradient requirements and the student strengths and needs. You might take a look at the Administrator’s Tool: Fidelity of LLI Implementation (Primary) and (Intermediate) and the Guide for Noting and Observing Reading Behaviors in the Online Resources: General Resources tab: Record Keeping and Communication.

I do hope some of these help give you ideas!

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link