Continuo de la lectoescritura: Instrumento para la evaluación, planificación y enseñanza, totalmente en español, Grados PreK-8, Expanded Edition
Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell bring their unrivaled expertise, encompassing more than twenty-five years of research and classroom observation of literacy development, to the timely expansion and completion of the Continuo de la lectoescritura totalmente en español, Grados PreK–8.
What is it?
This must-have resource provides a vision of what Spanish-speaking students need to be able to do as competent readers, writers, and language users, and informs every aspect of your literacy teaching, from assessment to responsive teaching. Continuo de la lectoescritura totalmente en español, Grados PreK–8 is the foundation for setting clear learning goals and planning specific lessons for Spanish-speaking students based on those goals. Read it, keep it handy in your classroom, and use it to make effective teaching decisions as you bring bilingual students forward in their literacy journeys.
Who is it for?
Continuo de la lectoescritura totalmente en español, Grados PreK–8 was created to help teachers and school leaders construct a common vision for literacy achievement in Spanish-speaking students across grade levels PreK–8. With this shared vision, teachers and school leaders can work together to provide the powerful teaching of the behaviors and understandings that Spanish-speaking students must acquire to become highly effective users of oral and written language.
What is inside?
Look for these new enhancements inside:
- Inclusion of literacy goals and characteristics of texts for grados 3–8 and text levels O–Z
- Streamlined navigation and four-color design for clarity and focus
- Expanded behaviors and examples across the continua
- First appearance of a behavior or goal or text characteristic is indicated by a red bullet (Behaviors are acquired and then elaborated over time)
- Clear organization of and explicit links to the Systems of Strategic Actions.
How is it implemented?
Harness the power of the Continuo de la lectoescritura, Grados PreK–8 to:
- elevate your language and literacy expertise
- develop an understanding of the demands of texts on readers
- build your understanding of the reading and writing process and how it changes over time
- hone your observation of students’ literacy behaviors
- teach toward student integration of the Systems of Strategic Actions
- articulate the literacy curriculum within and across grade levels
- build professional learning opportunities with colleagues
- create a common vision and common language for literacy in your school.