Forum Frequently Asked Questions
Login and Registration Issues
- Why can't I login?
- Make sure your username and password are correct. If they are, contact the Discussion Board Administrator to make sure your account hasn't been banned or removed.
- Why do I need to register?
- Registration entitles you to access additional resources, post messages in this discussion group, and comment on blog posts.
- I've lost my password.
- Click Log In at the top and then click Forgot Password at the bottom of that page.
- I registered but I cannot log in.
- Make sure your username and password are correct. If you are sure the information you provided is correct, try contacting the Discussion Board Administrator.
- I registered in the past but cannot login any more.
- Attempt to locate the e-mail sent to you when you first registered, check your username and password and try again. It is possible an administrator has deactivated or deleted your account for some reason. If this has happened, try registering again.
User Preferences and Settings
- How do I change my settings?
- To alter your preferences, click your username in the upper right corner while logged in.
- How do I show an image next to my username?
- To ensure that users get the best responses, only Fountas & Pinnell Trained Consultants are given images (called Avatars) next to their usernames.
- How do I post a topic in a Discussion Board?
- You will need to register before you can post a message. To post a new question, choose the appropriate room (Assessment, Intervention, etc.) and click New Topic in the upper right corner. To reply to an existing message click “Add Reply” at the top of the page. You may also want to reference another user's post in your response. To do this you can use the “Reply with Quote” button under the original post.
- How do I edit or delete a post?
- You can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by logging in and clicking the "edit" button under the relevant post.
- Why can't I add attachments?
- We do not allow attachments for security and privacy reasons. You may link to a document or image that exists on another web site but not upload it to this Discussion Board.
Formatting and Topic Types
- Can I post images?
- Yes, images can be shown in your posts. To post images you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the appropriate button on the formatting toolbar which adds an [img] tag and enter the URL where the image resides.
- What are sticky topics?
- Sticky topics within the Discussion Board appear on top of other topics in a Discussion Board. They are often quite important so you should read them whenever possible. Topics are made sticky by Administrators and Moderators.
- I have received a spamming or abusive message from someone on this Discussion Board.
- Please e-mail the Discussion Board Administrator with a full copy of the message you received. The Discussion Board Administrator can then take action.
Searching the Discussion Boards
- How can I search a Discussion Board?
- Click the "Search" link, enter a search term in the search box. Click the "search" button.
- How can I find my own or someone else's posts and topics?
- Click a username in the topic you have answered to, and view your profile as other's see it.