search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

PWS online resources Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser199
FPUser199

9/4/2018
FPUser199
FPUser199
The online resources for the K kit seem to mostly be 'copies' of the premade cards which I've placed in the lesson folders. I was going to run off a complete set of all the online materials so I would be prepared for the lessons (over 500 sheets!) but am now thinking I don't really need all those copies until I need to make more cards. What have others done? Also, if you keep the cards punched out and in the folders, the folders do not all fit in the box.
I know organization is a personal preference, but I'm at a loss as to how to make the best use of my time with all that needs to be prepared. suggestions?
0 link
DebbieMF
DebbieMF

10/21/2018
DebbieMF
DebbieMF
I put each month in a binder and put all the cards and materials in folder behind the lesson. It works great. i leave the binder open and turn the pages just like a teachers manual. all the cards and materials are there for me.
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

10/21/2018
FPUser199 wrote:
The online resources for the K kit seem to mostly be 'copies' of the premade cards which I've placed in the lesson folders. I was going to run off a complete set of all the online materials so I would be prepared for the lessons (over 500 sheets!) but am now thinking I don't really need all those copies until I need to make more cards. What have others done? Also, if you keep the cards punched out and in the folders, the folders do not all fit in the box.
I know organization is a personal preference, but I'm at a loss as to how to make the best use of my time with all that needs to be prepared. suggestions?

That is a great idea from Debbie. You might also take a look at the Getting Started video in the General Resources section of the Online Resources for further assistance. Some of the cards will be used across lessons as well.

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link