search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

Moving Children Messages in this topic - RSS

Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan

11/14/2018
Is it best to move children only from the Independent level or may we move them when they score at the instructional level also?
0 link
Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan

11/14/2018
We have children approaching the Test Prep. section is that optional and are they to write in the books?

I ask because their are no other copies that came with the kits and I'm not seeing any resources on line to copy. I'm wondering if we are we to copy parts of the books to reuse over again?
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

11/14/2018
Southwest Michigan wrote:
Is it best to move children only from the Independent level or may we move them when they score at the instructional level also?

Moving children along the gradient of text difficulty should be based on the Literacy Continuum goals and expectations not scores. Noting the goals for the level being read and the next level to see where the learning needs to go next and which text can help the student achieve that behavior should be considered in text selection for instruction. You can even move within text levels, not all at one level depending on the goals. The levels are ranges of behaviors that can be easier or more difficult depending on the 10 characteristics and your students' knowledge and understanding. Always look at the Continuum when making decisions.

Best wishes for success!
Debbie
0 link

11/14/2018
Southwest Michigan wrote:
We have children approaching the Test Prep. section is that optional and are they to write in the books?

I ask because their are no other copies that came with the kits and I'm not seeing any resources on line to copy. I'm wondering if we are we to copy parts of the books to reuse over again?

The Test Prep booklets are designed to be consumable items that are replaced as needed. They are sold separately from the LLI System for restocking. In order to help students understand the format of the standardized tests they need to practice in the booklets. It is a school or district decision to replace these materials or to use them in a way other than the suggested one.

Best wishes for success!
Debbie
0 link