search navigation

HomeAssessment

Topics surrounding general assessment and the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment Systems.

BAS Books Messages in this topic - RSS

gwendolyn_ressler
gwendolyn_ressler

4/1/2019
I currently have four BAS kits in our building. We have two of each system in the third edition. We are in a gradual transition from DRA to BAS. We have found the BAS to be more informative and useful. According to my local sales representative, the books are not for sale to supplement the one copy that comes in each kit for each level. Ideally, we would have three to four teachers using a kit. If they assess at the same time, which they often do in compliance with our assessment calendar, they would only have one color copy of the book to rotate among their rooms for each level.
Purchasing one kit per classroom is out of our financial reach at this point. What do you then suggest as we seek to transition into BAS in a reasonable way? I am aware that each kit permits five teachers to access online materials. But that covers assessment reproducibles and still leaves us with one book per level per kit. Suggestions or something I might be missing?

0 link