search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study Guide Messages in this topic - RSS

Nicole3pp3r5
Nicole3pp3r5

16 days ago
Nicole3pp3r5
Nicole3pp3r5
I am looking at Professional Development resources for our team, specifically the Comprehensive Phonics, Spelling, and Wordy Study Guide. I've tried looking at the sample pages, but cannot gauge as to whether this book contains any phonics assessments. Could you advise? Thank you!
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

15 days ago
Nicole3pp3r5 wrote:
I am looking at Professional Development resources for our team, specifically the Comprehensive Phonics, Spelling, and Wordy Study Guide. I've tried looking at the sample pages, but cannot gauge as to whether this book contains any phonics assessments. Could you advise? Thank you!

No, this Guide is a "description of the essential understandings related to the alphabetic system that characterizes English. This volume represents a comprehensive picture of understandings that teachers need to know to understand literacy learners from PreK to middle school." It serves as a reference for work in phonics, spelling, and word study. The Guide has a series of statements that clearly describe the principles to be taught related to the nine areas of learning for each grade. It is a further expansion of the PWS section of the Literacy Continuum. The lessons and assessments are in the Phonics Lessons found at the following link. ht tps://www.fountasandpinnell.com/phonics/

Best wishes for success!
Debbie
0 link