search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Organizing Materials Messages in this topic - RSS

ptosie
ptosie

23 days ago
ptosie
ptosie
Hi everyone, my school just got the Fountas and Pinnell materials (interactive read aloud and phonics/spelling/word study items specifically) and I was wondering how to best go about organizing the materials to make it the most helpful for daily use while teaching. I teach kindergarten and am super excited to use this for the upcoming school year!

Thank you!
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

23 days ago
ptosie wrote:
Hi everyone, my school just got the Fountas and Pinnell materials (interactive read aloud and phonics/spelling/word study items specifically) and I was wondering how to best go about organizing the materials to make it the most helpful for daily use while teaching. I teach kindergarten and am super excited to use this for the upcoming school year!

Thank you!

Hi! I am so excited for you! These materials will help in so many ways... lessons are prepared for you and materials will be at your fingertips! YAY! I would suggest you go into the Online Resources under the tab General Resources and watch the video: Getting Started with Interactive Read-Alouds. In the PWS section there is: Unpacking Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study System Guide and Getting Started with PWS. These are great resources to get you started! There are a couple more PDFs located here: https://www.fountasandpinnell.com/resourcelibrary/default?type=instructional%20tools that might give additional ideas.

We wish you success in the year ahead!

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link