search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

colored writing journals Messages in this topic - RSS

Sue Connolly
Sue Connolly

7/15/2019
Sue Connolly
Sue Connolly
As I learn to use Fountas and Pinnell and look at the resources available here I notice a lot of colored journals. These are writing journals from F and P and are different colored covers. There are red, purple, and yellow. Are there special colors for each grade? How do I know which is which?
~Sue
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

7/16/2019
Sue Connolly wrote:
As I learn to use Fountas and Pinnell and look at the resources available here I notice a lot of colored journals. These are writing journals from F and P and are different colored covers. There are red, purple, and yellow. Are there special colors for each grade? How do I know which is which?
~Sue

Since you mention writing and the colors are red, yellow, and purple I think you are seeing the Writing Notebooks that are in the LLI Primary systems. (https://www.fountasandpinnell.com/lli/). All 3 colors come in each primary system. Some teachers use the colors to categorize groups (red group, yellow group, purple group) while others have a different color for each child in a group. There is no special color for a grade. You may use them as you wish.

Best wishes for success!
Debbie
0 link