search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Writing Notebooks Messages in this topic - RSS

kchughes
kchughes

11/7/2019
kchughes
kchughes
I was wondering why the writing notebooks are red,yellow, and purple? Is there a difference between them? I couldn't seem to find a difference but thought there must be a reason why they are different colors. Thanks!
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

11/7/2019
kchughes wrote:
I was wondering why the writing notebooks are red,yellow, and purple? Is there a difference between them? I couldn't seem to find a difference but thought there must be a reason why they are different colors. Thanks!

The colors were to help teachers with organization. Some teachers use one color for each of the 3 children in the group so they don't get mixed up, making it easier to hand out quickly. Other teachers use the color coding in other ways. Not required to use in a certain way, no other difference in the books at all.

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link
kchughes
kchughes

11/8/2019
kchughes
kchughes
Got it, thanks! Is that the same with the literacy notebooks as well?
0 link

11/10/2019
kchughes wrote:
Got it, thanks! Is that the same with the literacy notebooks as well?

For the writing notebooks and take home bags in LLI, yes. No for the Writing About Reading Literacy Notebooks for classrooms; they are different colors for different versions. Not sure which you mean.
Debbie
0 link