search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

May Teachers Read Aloud Online During COVID-19? Messages in this topic - RSS

Angela Stockman
Angela Stockman

15 days ago
Angela Stockman
Angela Stockman
I am receiving many questions from the teachers I serve who are eager to conduct IRA online, inside of a walled garden, to their students only. They don't intend to distribute widely. Is there a permission or release for this somewhere? Can it be done? Thanks for any guidance.
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

15 days ago
Angela Stockman wrote:
I am receiving many questions from the teachers I serve who are eager to conduct IRA online, inside of a walled garden, to their students only. They don't intend to distribute widely. Is there a permission or release for this somewhere? Can it be done? Thanks for any guidance.

While neither Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™ or Leveled Literacy Intervention were designed for remote learning, it is important to keep children actively engaged in reading, writing, thinking and talking about books daily.

Please refer to the Blog on the website at the following link. http://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/remote-literacy-learning-suggestions-from-the-fountas-pinnell-literacy-team
As mentioned in this blog the IRA were not designed for online or remote learning. Suggestions are listed with online opportunities for listening to books being read aloud and ways to use the FPC materials.

The IRA included in FPC collections are trade books so any permissions must be given by each author or publisher of the text as listed in the copyright.

Best wishes and stay healthy!
Debbie
0 link