Skip to main content
search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Phonics, Spelling and Word Study System Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser143771
FPUser143771

3/12/2021
FPUser143771
FPUser143771
We are beginning to look into phonics programs to pilot next school year. We are currently using the BAS and LLI in the district and are looking into the Phonics, Spelling and Word Study System as another component to our Literacy curriculum. Is there a Scope and Sequence K-5 that I can direct my teachers to? This is one of the key pieces we are diving into as we consider programs.
Thank You!
edited by FPUser143771 on 3/12/2021
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

3/12/2021
FPUser143771 wrote:
We are beginning to look into phonics programs to pilot next school year. We are currently using the BAS and LLI in the district and are looking into the Phonics, Spelling and Word Study System as another component to our Literacy curriculum. Is there a Scope and Sequence K-5 that I can direct my teachers to? This is one of the key pieces we are diving into as we consider programs.
Thank You!
edited by FPUser143771 on 3/12/2021

The PWS Systems include a Comprehensive PWS Guide that is a scope and sequence of principles taught across the grade levels. It aligns with the PWS Continuum section of the Literacy Continuum. The Fountas & Pinnell Comprehensive Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study Guide (fountasandpinnell.com) Your local sales rep can provide more information and details. Find a Heinemann Representative in Your State - Heinemann Publishing

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link