Skip to main content
search navigation

HomeAssessment

Topics surrounding general assessment and the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment Systems.

A Call for Change Messages in this topic - RSS

lkre
lkre

9/22/2021
lkre
lkre
Dear F&P Authors,

I have a few teachers who have questions about the Level V text, A Call for Change. They feel that it is a nonfiction expository text and that it would be difficult to know that the character Rachel is not real. We talked about the first section of the text and it being expository fiction, but any additional pieces of information I can share would be great.

Thanks!
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

9/22/2021
lkre wrote:
Dear F&P Authors,

I have a few teachers who have questions about the Level V text, A Call for Change. They feel that it is a nonfiction expository text and that it would be difficult to know that the character Rachel is not real. We talked about the first section of the text and it being expository fiction, but any additional pieces of information I can share would be great.

Thanks!

The text analysis on page 163 of the Assessment Guide explains the characteristics of this text that makes it fit as a good measure of the instructional goals for a level V text. You can use the characteristics in the Literacy Continuum to match with this analysis for text and instructional goals.

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link