Skip to main content
search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Blue System Black and White Take Home Readers Messages in this topic - RSS

Literacy Coach Young
Literacy Coach Young

11/3/2021
I realize the levels for this 2nd grade blue system kit are C-N. How am I able to tell what levels the 120 books are, C-N. Does the Book # on the back correlate to anything? I have teachers that want to add the letter on there for the level, to ensure they're sending home the appropriate leveled text. Thanks!
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

11/3/2021
Literacy Coach Young wrote:
I realize the levels for this 2nd grade blue system kit are C-N. How am I able to tell what levels the 120 books are, C-N. Does the Book # on the back correlate to anything? I have teachers that want to add the letter on there for the level, to ensure they're sending home the appropriate leveled text. Thanks!

The books in the LLI System are numbered by Lesson. The Take Home books do not have the levels on them. There is a System Book Chart in the LLI System Guides, Appendix A. Teachers should also remember that the Odd-numbered lessons in LLI introduce a book at the instructional level and the Even-numbered lessons introduce a book at the independent level. This is why books must be organized by the Lesson Number, not by level like a Guided Reading library. You can read more about the role of both types of text in When Readers Struggle on page 126.

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link