search navigation

FPUser60257

all messages by user

11/8/2017
Topic:
Literacy Continuum

FPUser60257
FPUser60257
I am doing some professional development on the new Literacy Continuum (which I love). But I do have one question. When I watch the webinar it noted that the red dot was the first time the behavior/goal appears at that level. However, we are finding that there are some of the exact behaviors, over multiple levels, are indicated with a red dot. Can someone explain why the same behavior would have a red dot again? Example- pg. 541 "moral lesson near the end of the story (sometimes explicitly stated)"- level S, and again on pg. 551- level T, both are marked with a red dot. Thank you for your help!
11/9/2017
Topic:
Literacy Continuum

FPUser60257
FPUser60257
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
FPUser60257 wrote:
I am doing some professional development on the new Literacy Continuum (which I love). But I do have one question. When I watch the webinar it noted that the red dot was the first time the behavior/goal appears at that level. However, we are finding that there are some of the exact behaviors, over multiple levels, are indicated with a red dot. Can someone explain why the same behavior would have a red dot again? Example- pg. 541 "moral lesson near the end of the story (sometimes explicitly stated)"- level S, and again on pg. 551- level T, both are marked with a red dot. Thank you for your help!

I believe that text characteristic example is a typo. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please send others that you find and we will have the team make those corrections for the update section.
Thank you.
Debbie
11/9/2017
Topic:
Literacy Continuum

FPUser60257
FPUser60257
I sure will! Thanks so much for your response!