The Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™ Professional Learning Tools
Strengthen instructional decisions with resources designed to elevate literacy expertise.
Transformative professional learning underpins Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™ essential instructional tools, practical professional books, motivational professional development, and insightful assessment for high-impact literacy teaching.
What is it?
The single most important factor in students’ literacy success is skillful, informed teaching. Fountas and Pinnell are committed to elevating teacher expertise through meaningful professional learning. Their collective work to date establishes a cohesive and coherent set of professional tools to make teaching efficient and transformative. Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™ brings together decades of research to help teachers work in highly effective ways with students, learn more about literacy teaching, and engage in continuous professional growth.
Who is it for?
Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™ is designed to create a sense of community among teachers who are concerned not only about what students learn but also about how and why they learn. A spirit of inquiry and intellectual curiosity permeates Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™, and the educators in the school offer a model of collaboration and continual learning.
What is inside?
- The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum, Expanded Edition
- Prompting Guide Part 1 for Oral Reading and Early Writing
- Prompting Guide Part 2 for Comprehension: Thinking, Talking and Writing
- Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching Across the Grades, Second Edition
- Professional Development opportunities
- Benchmark Assessment System, Third Edition
- Embedded observation and assessment in each instructional context
- Reader’s Notebooks
How is it implemented?
The following professional learning opportunities are available to further develop the teaching craft and foster a climate of collegiality and community.