Q&A with Fountas and Pinnell - Guided Reading
As part of the release of Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching Across the Grades, Second Edition, 2017, Irene
Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell share reminders of guided reading’s critical value within a comprehensive literacy
system, and the reflective, responsive teaching required to realize its full potential.
In Q & A format they address:
• the primary goal of guided reading
• where guided reading fits within a high quality literacy system
• the structure of a guided reading lesson
• the critical role of instructional level texts
• how responsive teaching propels literacy learning in all students.