search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Title sequencing within a level Messages in this topic - RSS

ScullySmith
ScullySmith

1/17/2018
ScullySmith
ScullySmith
In the Guided Reading Collection Guide it refers to a "suggested sequence" for the titles at each level. My colleagues and I are wondering the rationale behind the sequencing and how important it is to follow the sequencing. We have three classes sharing one set of materials.
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

1/17/2018
ScullySmith wrote:
In the Guided Reading Collection Guide it refers to a "suggested sequence" for the titles at each level. My colleagues and I are wondering the rationale behind the sequencing and how important it is to follow the sequencing. We have three classes sharing one set of materials.

The collection guide just mentions there is a sequence if teachers need one to follow. Sometimes one lesson may refer to another text or something like that but as a responsive teacher you would know not to use that suggestion in planning your lesson. The video in your online resources called "Getting Started" may help guide you in thinking about sharing materials. Keep in mind there are varying levels of understanding among the teachers using the FP Classroom so there are scaffolds available. Others who are more familiar with responsive data-informed teaching may not need that guidance.

Thank you for your question.We would love for you to share more information about how you are implementing the materials! (What works for you as you share, what you learn from any mistakes, etc.)
Best wishes for success!
Debbie
0 link
teach_mcv
teach_mcv

8/13/2018
teach_mcv
teach_mcv
Thank you! This is exactly what I came here to ask!

Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
ScullySmith wrote:

The collection guide just mentions there is a sequence if teachers need one to follow. Sometimes one lesson may refer to another text or something like that but as a responsive teacher you would know not to use that suggestion in planning your lesson. The video in your online resources called "Getting Started" may help guide you in thinking about sharing materials. Keep in mind there are varying levels of understanding among the teachers using the FP Classroom so there are scaffolds available. Others who are more familiar with responsive data-informed teaching may not need that guidance.

Thank you for your question.We would love for you to share more information about how you are implementing the materials! (What works for you as you share, what you learn from any mistakes, etc.)
Best wishes for success!
Debbie
0 link