search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Phonics differences from old program Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser39384
FPUser39384

2/6/2019
FPUser39384
FPUser39384
I know the new phonics and word study materials are aligned to all the other materials in the f and p classroom. I am wondering about the main differences of the new phonics materials to the old.
edited by FPUser39384 on 2/6/2019
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

2/7/2019
FPUser39384 wrote:
I know the new phonics and word study materials are aligned to all the other materials in the f and p classroom. I am wondering about the main differences of the new phonics materials to the old.
edited by FPUser39384 on 2/6/2019

Here is a link to a blog describing the updated resources you will see in the new phonics materials. https://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/introducing-the-new-fountas-and-pinnell-phonics-spelling-and-word-study-system
The two biggest enhancements are the connection to the NEW Comprehensive Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study Guide as well as the organization. Also, I think the new materials are made more convenient and more user friendly resulting in a system that is easier to implement.

We wish you success,

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link