search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

PreK FPC -- alignment with Creative Curriculum? Messages in this topic - RSS

LisaVee
LisaVee

9/15/2019
LisaVee
LisaVee
Friends,
I'm wondering if anyone has aligned the FPC Shared Reading or Interactive Read Aloud materials to the Creative Curriculum Units (which is the required curriculum in many many of the sites I work with). I love the FPC materials, but want to be sure I'm working within the strict mandates (esp for Head Start sites) and creating coherence for teachers. THANK YOU in advance! Lisa Vahey
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

9/16/2019
LisaVee wrote:
Friends,
I'm wondering if anyone has aligned the FPC Shared Reading or Interactive Read Aloud materials to the Creative Curriculum Units (which is the required curriculum in many many of the sites I work with). I love the FPC materials, but want to be sure I'm working within the strict mandates (esp for Head Start sites) and creating coherence for teachers. THANK YOU in advance! Lisa Vahey

This Discussion Board is for Fountas and Pinnell requests. You may want to go to the Creative Curriculum site for this information.

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link
LisaVee
LisaVee

9/16/2019
LisaVee
LisaVee
Yes, Debbie, thank you -- I know this is the FPC site :-)
Some of us are lucky enough to have FPC for PreK (SR and IRA). However, working in a Head Start-funded PreK site (serving communities of economic need) often means you must use mandated curriculum (it's part of federal Head Start requirements). Many states/districts/providers use Creative Curriculum, which is organized into themes. My "ask" is if anyone has taken the big books (in SR) or the text sets (in IRA) and "matched" them to Creative Curriculum, so that we can use FPC with greater ease when we are doing the mandated work we must do with Creative Curriculum. If there are any Head Start folks using FPC with their PreKs, they might have done this work and be willing to share it. Thanks for considering.
0 link