search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Differences Between F&P Classroom & Units of Study Messages in this topic - RSS

smithd
smithd

11/1/2019
smithd
smithd
My district is considering adopting a curriculum K-6. The main two on the table are F&P Classroom and Units of Study. As a coach, I have a say in the adoption and would like to read any articles/research which indicated the differences between the two. Our district currently uses BAS to and LLI for intervention. I would not like to vote against Units of Study simply because I prefer F&P, so any direction towards research or basic information would be helpful. I do have a few questions. Are there differences in theoretical beliefs between the two? Does F&P Classroom come with lessons that are aligned to national standards? Are there texts available that match the suggested texts in the lessons? Does F&P classroom also provide writing lessons? I have so many other questions but I'll stop here.

Samples would be great as well. Again, I'd appreciate anything that would help us make an informed decision.
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

11/1/2019
smithd wrote:
My district is considering adopting a curriculum K-6. The main two on the table are F&P Classroom and Units of Study. As a coach, I have a say in the adoption and would like to read any articles/research which indicated the differences between the two. Our district currently uses BAS to and LLI for intervention. I would not like to vote against Units of Study simply because I prefer F&P, so any direction towards research or basic information would be helpful. I do have a few questions. Are there differences in theoretical beliefs between the two? Does F&P Classroom come with lessons that are aligned to national standards? Are there texts available that match the suggested texts in the lessons? Does F&P classroom also provide writing lessons? I have so many other questions but I'll stop here.
Samples would be great as well. Again, I'd appreciate anything that would help us make an informed decision.

I would suggest you contact your local area sales representative for specifics and samples. You can find a rep by location here: https://www.heinemann.com/distributors.aspx

I hope this helps!
Helenann

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link