search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

Tim shanahan's view of leveled readers and guided Messages in this topic - RSS

Dalelene
Dalelene

23 days ago
Dalelene
Dalelene
I'm a huge fan of F & P! Our school has, in the past, used F/P for all of our quarterly assessments and how to determine if students were on track. However, this year, our curriculum director wants us to throw out our leveled readers, only use DIBLES for assessments to determine if students are on track, and follow the LETRS training and philosophy of doing skills groups instead of guided reading. HELP! I've taught for 25 years, pride myself on being a great reading teacher, have taught college reading classes at Ohio University, Athens, been a grade level coordinator, etc. But now, my colleagues and I feel that we are trying to do all of our reading groups by ourselves, instead of Title teachers splitting the groups with us. Instead, they are taking one or two students at a time for about 15 minutes to work on "rhyming" or "segmenting" - all of the skills we work on whole class, and in our guided reading groups already. ugh I would like to see Fountas and Pinnell's take on this new philosophy and in particular, their comments on Tim Shanahan's articles.
0 link