search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Science of Reading Messages in this topic - RSS

Tam
Tam

25 days ago
Tam
Tam
I am hoping at some point that Fountas and Pinnell will comment on the “science of reading” hijack. This SofR group has taken much that we have studied and are working hard at discounting it. I think myself and many other educators.would like some leadership support from Fountas and Pinnell to respond to questions/concerns.
I am a former RR teacher and RR training was the best training I have ever participated in. I continue to be a learner and I am following the SofR group and it astounds me how much of what they are calling for- is already done in RR, LLI and balanced literacy. Additionally, I am learning new information from the SofR group as well.
I have been in education for a very long time and I hate to see the pendulum swing...
0 link
millierosie
millierosie

25 days ago
millierosie
millierosie
sadsasa
edited by FPUser152600 on 1/30/2020
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

22 days ago
Tam wrote:
I am hoping at some point that Fountas and Pinnell will comment on the “science of reading” hijack. This SofR group has taken much that we have studied and are working hard at discounting it. I think myself and many other educators.would like some leadership support from Fountas and Pinnell to respond to questions/concerns.
I am a former RR teacher and RR training was the best training I have ever participated in. I continue to be a learner and I am following the SofR group and it astounds me how much of what they are calling for- is already done in RR, LLI and balanced literacy. Additionally, I am learning new information from the SofR group as well.
I have been in education for a very long time and I hate to see the pendulum swing...

Fountas and Pinnell have written many white papers, articles, and blogs related to their research and theory of teaching reading found under the EXTEND Your Expertise tab above in the Resource Library and Blog sections. Their professional books also describe teaching reading in great detail. Recently a podcast was transcribed that you can find at the following link. http://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/on-the-heinemann-podcast-a-word-on-phonics

Fountas and Pinnell's research and work is there to be read. Please continue to share your understandings based on the research from the beginning of their work together and that of Dr. Marie Clay.

Thank you for being an advocate for children and their learning.
Debbie
0 link