search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

LLI Books Messages in this topic - RSS

gingerminn
gingerminn

4/14/2020
gingerminn
gingerminn
Is there a way to give students access to view the LLI books at home?
0 link
Interventionist-SM
Interventionist-SM

4/14/2020
I am wondering the same thing. I thought that we were going to have access to download a digital copy so we can create lessons and provide the text to the student.
0 link
Interventionist-SM
Interventionist-SM

4/14/2020
I am wondering the same thing. I thought that we were going to have access to download a digital copy so we can create lessons and provide the text to the student.
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

4/15/2020
gingerminn wrote:
Is there a way to give students access to view the LLI books at home?

The books can not be downloaded or printed, but are to be used digitally for viewing. It is not recommended that you try and teach LLI or Guided Reading at this time. Please see the Fountas and Pinnell Literacy blog post from post from April 10th (re’ temporary, teacher-only, digital access to the LLI books) as well as the ‘Suggestions’ document posted right above the Leveled Books in online resources listing many suggestions for using the leveled texts, digitally. These digital leveled texts will allow you to have materials that are familiar to the children to continue instruction but it will not be LLI - it will be instruction using LLI materials. Tip: If you are using Zoom, please be sure that your settings are at Host Only Can Share Screen.
Best Wishes,
Helenann
edited by Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant on 4/15/2020

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link

4/15/2020
Interventionist-SM wrote:

The books can not be downloaded or printed, but are to be used digitally for viewing. It is not recommended that you try and teach LLI or Guided Reading at this time. Please see the Fountas and Pinnell Literacy blog post from April 10th (re’ temporary, teacher-only, digital access to the LLI books) as well as the ‘Suggestions’ document posted right above the Leveled Books in online resources listing many suggestions for using the leveled texts, digitally. These digital leveled texts will allow you to have materials that are familiar to the children to continue instruction but it will not be LLI - it will be instruction using LLI materials. Tip: If you are using Zoom, please be sure that your settings are at Host Only Can Share Screen.

--
0 link
FPUser1319
FPUser1319

4/15/2020
FPUser1319
FPUser1319
We are only doing closed videos for our students. Is there not a way to download and send a link to books for them to read? Make the link disappear after 10 days or something? Like when you rent a movie... the link disappears! Can we not do something like that?
+1 link

4/15/2020
FPUser1319 wrote:
We are only doing closed videos for our students. Is there not a way to download and send a link to books for them to read? Make the link disappear after 10 days or something? Like when you rent a movie... the link disappears! Can we not do something like that?

The books can only be used in a shared digital program. This will differ from district to district but might be Zoom, Google Classroom, YouTube - all set to private viewing. Please check your settings carefully not only to protect this minimum of copyright but also for the security of your children. Please note that any materials shared in a format such as video must be removed by June 30, 2020.

Thank you! This has been a huge undertaking for Heinemann and we want to show appreciation by following the guidelines.

Helenann

--
0 link
FPUser158961
FPUser158961

4/17/2020
FPUser158961
FPUser158961
Please allow our students access to the online LLI books so that they can read them independently, which they should be doing this time of year. Our struggling young readers really need them right now! If there's a will, there's a way!
+1 link
gingerminn
gingerminn

4/17/2020
gingerminn
gingerminn
I feel terrible that at school I have hundreds of LLI books for my students to use but now they have no access to them. It is very sad. There are so many companies offering access to materials not normally offered, I wish Heinemann could do the same. Please consider offering book access to students also.
edited by gingerminn on 4/17/2020
0 link
FPUser24365
FPUser24365

4/17/2020
FPUser24365
FPUser24365
I am also wondering how to use the LLI Books that I am able to use digitally, but the students are not able to see them. Is there a way to present them in a google classroom? How can I do a shared reading if they don't have access to the books? I'm not looking to print them, I just want them to be able to read and/follow along. I like the suggestions for using LLI sheet that was provided but if the students can't have access to the printed materials (or at least view them) how can we provide the instruction?
edited by FPUser24365 on 4/17/2020
0 link

4/17/2020
FPUser24365 wrote:
I am also wondering how to use the LLI Books that I am able to use digitally, but the students are not able to see them. Is there a way to present them in a google classroom? How can I do a shared reading if they don't have access to the books? I'm not looking to print them, I just want them to be able to read and/follow along. I like the suggestions for using LLI sheet that was provided but if the students can't have access to the printed materials (or at least view them) how can we provide the instruction?
edited by FPUser24365 on 4/17/2020

How you use the digital texts will differ from district to district but platforms for showing the texts might be through Zoom, Google Classroom, YouTube - all set to private viewing. You can reach out to permissions@heinemann.com for our policies on remote learning.

Best Wishes and stay healthy,
Helenann

--
0 link

4/17/2020
FPUser158961 wrote:
Please allow our students access to the online LLI books so that they can read them independently, which they should be doing this time of year. Our struggling young readers really need them right now! If there's a will, there's a way!

The books available in Online Resources are to be used digitally for viewing. How you use the digital texts will differ from district to district but platforms for showing the texts might be through Zoom, Google Classroom, YouTube - all set to private viewing. You can reach out to permissions@heinemann.com for our policies on remote learning. Additionally, there is a document posted right above the Leveled Books in online resources listing many suggestions for using the leveled texts, digitally, if you were not able to send the black and white LLI books home. Please refer to the Daily Remote Learning Tips for additional suggestions at this link: http://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/tag/daily-remote-learning-tip

Best Wishes as you work with your students,
Helenann

--
0 link

4/17/2020
gingerminn wrote:
I feel terrible that at school I have hundreds of LLI books for my students to use but now they have no access to them. It is very sad. There are so many companies offering access to materials not normally offered, I wish Heinemann could do the same. Please consider offering book access to students also.
edited by gingerminn on 4/17/2020

This has been an around the clock effort for several weeks now. Hundreds of books have been posted in the Online Resources in addition to the 7 grade levels of Reading Mini Lessons! That's over a thousand lessons. Please take a few moments to read/reread the blogs posted on Remote Learning at this link: http://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/tag/daily-remote-learning-tip for suggestions in supporting your students. In addition, you can reach out to permissions@heinemann.com for our policies on remote learning. We are continuing to support teachers during this challenging time.

Best Wishes,
Helenann

--
0 link
FPUser159800
FPUser159800

4/24/2020
FPUser159800
FPUser159800
Thank you for the online LLI books for K-3. It has been so helpful. I was wondering if the books for the Gold Kit would be available soon?
0 link

4/24/2020
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
FPUser159800 wrote:
Thank you for the online LLI books for K-3. It has been so helpful. I was wondering if the books for the Gold Kit would be available soon?

We anticipated a second round of accessibility to materials to occur. What materials will be available will be revealed at that time. This is taking many hands to accomplish. We will make an announcement via our blog http://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com when accessibility for additional resources is live... Please see this blog post: http://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/an-open-letter-to-educators-from-irene-fountas-and-gay-su-pinnell
Thank you for your patience.
Helenann

--
0 link
ljc
ljc

4/27/2020
ljc
ljc
Do you know when/if the gold and purple books will be available for teacher use?
edited by ljc on 4/27/2020
0 link

4/27/2020
ljc wrote:
Do you know when/if the gold and purple books will be available for teacher use?
edited by ljc on 4/27/2020

Currently the only information provided regarding release dates is located here: http://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/update-2-using-fountas-pinnell-classroom-and-leveled-literacy-intervention-for-remote-learning Please continue to check for updated blog posts.

Thank you,
Helenann

--
0 link