search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

LLI Teacher Manual Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser159994
FPUser159994

4/26/2020
FPUser159994
FPUser159994
It is wonderful that we can access the LLI books to continue to support our struggling readers with materials that they are familiar with from school. However, I am finding it difficult to plan my lessons properly without access to the Teacher Manuals. I, as everyone else I'm sure, was not able to get back into my building for materials including my teacher guides. I understand that we are not able to use LLI remotely in the same way as in the classroom with our students but it is very frustrating to not be able to follow the scope and sequence of the program. It's almost like- what good are the books without the guide? With so many companies making their resources digital during this time of crisis I am disappointed that you have not given access to the full scope of your program to temporarily support remote education!
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

4/27/2020
FPUser159994 wrote:
It is wonderful that we can access the LLI books to continue to support our struggling readers with materials that they are familiar with from school. However, I am finding it difficult to plan my lessons properly without access to the Teacher Manuals. I, as everyone else I'm sure, was not able to get back into my building for materials including my teacher guides. I understand that we are not able to use LLI remotely in the same way as in the classroom with our students but it is very frustrating to not be able to follow the scope and sequence of the program. It's almost like- what good are the books without the guide? With so many companies making their resources digital during this time of crisis I am disappointed that you have not given access to the full scope of your program to temporarily support remote education!

Good morning. The Master Plans are available in the Online Resources under the ‘General Resources’ tab.

Best Wishes as you continue to support your readers,
Helenann

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link
FPUser159994
FPUser159994

4/27/2020
FPUser159994
FPUser159994
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
FPUser159994 wrote:

Good morning. The Master Plans are available in the Online Resources under the ‘General Resources’ tab.

Helenann
0 link
FPUser159994
FPUser159994

4/27/2020
FPUser159994
FPUser159994
FPUser159994 wrote:
FPUser159994 wrote:

Helenann

They are not there.
0 link

4/27/2020
FPUser159994 wrote:
FPUser159994 wrote:
FPUser159994 wrote:

Helenann

They are not there.

I see the problem. The Word Analysis charts are not posted for Edition 1 systems. I will contact Heinemann regarding the possibility of including them. In the meantime, here is an excellent resource https://www.fountasandpinnell.com/shared/resources/PhonicsResearchBase_FINAL.pdf
I apologize for the confusion.
Helenann

--
-1 link
FPUser159994
FPUser159994

4/28/2020
FPUser159994
FPUser159994
I think you're misunderstanding the resource I am talking about. I was looking for the manual (or guide) of lessons for each book.
+1 link

4/28/2020
FPUser159994 wrote:
I think you're misunderstanding the resource I am talking about. I was looking for the manual (or guide) of lessons for each book.

I apologize for my misunderstanding. The Lesson Guides are not posted. Please see this blog regarding resources available and the reasoning: https://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/an-open-letter-to-educators-from-irene-fountas-and-gay-su-pinnell Also, please see the document: ‘Suggestions to Support Literacy Instruction for Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI)’ located at the top of the listed books in the Online Resources as well as the additional information provided to support remote learning linked here: https://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/tag/home

Thank you for your hard work on the behalf of children! And thank you for your patience and flexibility as we explore new ways to teach.

Best Wishes,
Helenann

--
-1 link