search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Time Management Messages in this topic - RSS

Oxender
Oxender

5/13/2020
Oxender
Oxender
Does anyone know if there is a document that states how long you should teach each component of the F and P classroom? I am new to this program and would like one document that lays it out for me? Thanks!
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

5/14/2020
Oxender wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a document that states how long you should teach each component of the F and P classroom? I am new to this program and would like one document that lays it out for me? Thanks!

The professional resources that come with your FPC collections provide sample schedules. They are only suggestions since every teacher seems to have varied schedules and time allotments.
The Guided Reading book has suggested schedules for primary and intermediate grades in chapter 21 on pages 510-514.
There are also some suggestions in the informational tools found in your Online Resources. The links to the following documents are on the FPC Home page on the left side under Getting Started Plans. Some contexts can be integrated on some days across the week and/or month so nothing is set in stone as far as minutes go. Try not to pigeon-hole and fragment instruction but make your framework a cohesive literacy plan. It can be daunting at first so these tools will help you get started. Please take time to read the front matter with each guide in the collection.
An Interactive Action Plan Step 4 on page 28.
The sample 8 week plans have a suggested daily framework for each grade level on page 19.

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link