search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Reading Mini Lessons Messages in this topic - RSS

Koppy2
Koppy2

8/9/2020
Koppy2
Koppy2
Do I teach the mini lessons by teaching one umbrella at a time or can the umbrella be stretched out through the year and have multiple umbrellas going on at one time? Also, do the lessons within an umbrella need to go in sequential order or are those fluid and can be taught in any order within that umbrella?
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

8/9/2020
Koppy2 wrote:
Do I teach the mini lessons by teaching one umbrella at a time or can the umbrella be stretched out through the year and have multiple umbrellas going on at one time? Also, do the lessons within an umbrella need to go in sequential order or are those fluid and can be taught in any order within that umbrella?

Please see the suggested sequence of Mini Lessons for your grade, provided in your Collection Guide. I also suggest you listen to the Getting Started video for RML provided in the Online Resources. You can also refer to the document: Minilessons Across the Year In the General Resources section for RML to see a suggested sequence. The minilessons in Fountas & Pinnell Classroom can be used in the recommended order, or you may pick and choose lessons as you observe a need within your class- room. As you select from the menu of minilessons under a particular umbrella, skip any minilesson for which you have evidence that the children in your classroom have already mastered the principle and can act on it independently.

Best Wishes for a great year ahead,
Helenann

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link