Skip to main content
search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Research based Messages in this topic - RSS

Lizzyread
Lizzyread

3/31/2021
Lizzyread
Lizzyread
Hi I am wondering if you could provide any information of research studies with the use of Fountas and Pinnell Programs with ELL students including peer reviewed research studies. We are looking into your phonics program and we have 60% ELL population. I know the program is based on the research of Fountas and Pinnell, but are there actual studies of this population using the programs and effect sizes.
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

3/31/2021
Lizzyread wrote:
Hi I am wondering if you could provide any information of research studies with the use of Fountas and Pinnell Programs with ELL students including peer reviewed research studies. We are looking into your phonics program and we have 60% ELL population. I know the program is based on the research of Fountas and Pinnell, but are there actual studies of this population using the programs and effect sizes.

All of the REsearch can be found on this website under the Community/EXTEND/Research and Standards tabs. Efficacy Studies, Research Base and White Papers on Validity and Reliability (fountasandpinnell.com). I am not sure which resources you want to study but keep in mind that Fountas and Pinnell resources are not always a program that can follow a particular method of study since there are variables in implementation.

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link