Skip to main content
search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

LLI Teal Discontinued Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser193597
FPUser193597

12 days ago
FPUser193597
FPUser193597
Hello!

My district recently tried to order the LLI Teal Kit (US) and we were told it is discontinued but the various components are available for individual purchase. I am not sure why this kit is discontinued but I would love to know? We were interested in purchasing individual components, however the Heinemann representative told me I will NOT have access to the running records, in either a printed format or online. Can someone help me with this? The system feels obsolete without access to the assessments and I'm not sure we will purchase the components without them.

Thank you!
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

11 days ago
FPUser193597 wrote:
Hello!

My district recently tried to order the LLI Teal Kit (US) and we were told it is discontinued but the various components are available for individual purchase. I am not sure why this kit is discontinued but I would love to know? We were interested in purchasing individual components, however the Heinemann representative told me I will NOT have access to the running records, in either a printed format or online. Can someone help me with this? The system feels obsolete without access to the assessments and I'm not sure we will purchase the components without them.

Thank you!

Since the publication of the Leveled Literacy Intervention Teal System, we’ve heard from customers of LLI Teal who are implementing the system as a small group intervention, as well as those customers who are scheduling it as a reading class in a middle/high school setting. Both implementation models have presented opportunity, student growth, and some challenge in fitting the lesson structure into a middle/high school schedule working with students who are often many grade levels behind. We take this feedback seriously and feel it’s time to consider how we might make this intervention more useful for the middle and high school market, while also making sure the content of the books is fresh, age-appropriate, and interesting and meets the highest standards of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We have discontinued the sale of LLI Teal, and the books will not be available temporarily for digital teacher access alongside the other LLI systems. We will continue to support current customers with professional development and replacement materials. We apologize for the inconvenience and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please contact your local sales rep for more information.
https://www.heinemann.com/distributors.aspx?_ga=2.175990571.840514721.1603651757-1348982528.1602163900

Best Wishes,
Helenann

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link
FPUser147474
FPUser147474

11 days ago
FPUser147474
FPUser147474
Will there be a middle/high school LLI system to replace Teal in the future?

Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
FPUser193597 wrote:
Hello!

Thank you!

Since the publication of the Leveled Literacy Intervention Teal System, we’ve heard from customers of LLI Teal who are implementing the system as a small group intervention, as well as those customers who are scheduling it as a reading class in a middle/high school setting. Both implementation models have presented opportunity, student growth, and some challenge in fitting the lesson structure into a middle/high school schedule working with students who are often many grade levels behind. We take this feedback seriously and feel it’s time to consider how we might make this intervention more useful for the middle and high school market, while also making sure the content of the books is fresh, age-appropriate, and interesting and meets the highest standards of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We have discontinued the sale of LLI Teal, and the books will not be available temporarily for digital teacher access alongside the other LLI systems. We will continue to support current customers with professional development and replacement materials. We apologize for the inconvenience and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
https://www.heinemann.com/distributors.aspx?_ga=2.175990571.840514721.1603651757-1348982528.1602163900

Best Wishes,
Helenann
0 link

11 days ago
FPUser147474 wrote:
Will there be a middle/high school LLI system to replace Teal in the future?

The only information I have currently received is that the LLI System for the advanced levels is being re-evaluated to make it more useful. We are all hoping that we will see those materials available soon. Please keep checking on blog posts for updated information. https://fpblog.fountasandpinnell.com/tag/featured-posts
You might also check with your area sales representative. You can find a rep by location here: https://www.heinemann.com/distributors.aspx

Best,
Helenann

Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
FPUser193597 wrote:
Hello!

Thank you!

Best Wishes,
Helenann

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link