Skip to main content
search navigation

HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

Handwriting Messages in this topic - RSS

FPUser31670
FPUser31670

5/12/2021
FPUser31670
FPUser31670
Hello,
I am aware that F&P does not have a formal handwriting curriculum, however I am looking for ways to bridge the F&P Verbal Pathways and best practices for teaching letters and letter formation with a formalized Handwriting Curriculum. I am happy to provide more background if someone would be willing to work with me to problem solve.

Thank you,
Julie
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

5/15/2021
FPUser31670 wrote:
Hello,
I am aware that F&P does not have a formal handwriting curriculum, however I am looking for ways to bridge the F&P Verbal Pathways and best practices for teaching letters and letter formation with a formalized Handwriting Curriculum. I am happy to provide more background if someone would be willing to work with me to problem solve.

Thank you,
Julie

Handwriting is found in the Literacy Continuum under Writing. You will also see goals in the Phonics/Letter Knowledge section and Early Concepts section. Learning how to form letters and how to distinguish features are critical aspects of letter knowledge. The verbal path is the language to use in those lessons. Forming letters, during writing workshop, as the letter is needed works well for reinforcing the learning about letters. You can send an email to the Fountas and Pinnell mailbox FountasandPinnell@heinemann.com for more detailed responses.

Best wishes!
Debbie
0 link