search navigation

5 Harkness Road

all messages by user

9/16/2019
Topic:
curriculum coordinator

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
We have a new curriculum coordinator position in our district. Do you have any brief write-ups about the wonderful world of about Fountas and Pinenell Literacy that I could share with her? We use LLI as a district and I am building the F and P guider reading library at our school. I am the k-2 reading teacher for one of the schools. I trained at Lesley as a primary literacy coordinator so i know how great it is. I think I remember a handout for administrators. Can you please share info to help me inform my district about the collaborative? Thanks.
Annie
9/18/2019
Topic:
classroom survey

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
I would like to reach out to the classroom teachers in my school and see what they are doing for reading instruction currently. Does Fountas and Pinnell have a survey to use with teacher or maybe guiding question they suggest for starting conversation with classroom teachers?
Thanks.
Annie
9/20/2019
Topic:
classroom survey

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
Thank you for the response. Once again I tried the helpful links you attach and they are all blocked. I am a registered signed in user. Please direct me to tech support for help with this issue?
Thanks.
Annie
9/20/2019
Topic:
classroom survey

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
I actually contacted tech support myself. Hopefully they can help me.
Thanks.
Annie
10/2/2019
Topic:
Handwriting

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
My school district currently uses Handwriting Without Tears. That program teachers all the uppercase letters alone first and then moves in to lower case letters. Does F and P have any thoughts or writings about handwriting, beyond the verbal pathways? I am specifically curious about children learning to write their names using only uppercase letters. It would seem that children should be exposed to the actual way names are written, which is with only the first letter being capitalized. Thoughts?
Thanks.
Annie
10/7/2019
Topic:
Guided reading professional development

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
My district has purchased the phonics program grades k-2 in the past. We recently bought the grade 1 and part of grade two guided reading library collection. My district would like me to do an overview of guided reading for grades 4-6. I an wondering if I may access F and P videos in order to introduce guided reading to the upper grade teachers. We would like the teachers to really see a wonderful example of guided reading so that we can inspire then to choose this instructional approach. Thank you.
Annie
10/10/2019
Topic:
Guided reading professional development

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
Is there a way to view the guided reading videos both with and without the commentary that accompany the Grade 5 guided reading book collection? I would like to show it to my teachers to help explain the guided reading process in the upper grades. We have the guided reading grade one collection already. We do not yet have the grade five collection.
Thanks,
Annie