The Literacy Quick Guide
This first-of-its-kind, practical, spiral-bound tool for all teachers and administrators is another significant contribution to the field of education from literacy leaders Irene C. Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell. The Literacy Quick Guide is your go-to-guide for responsive literacy teaching.
What is it?
The Literacy Quick Guide provides a concise description of a coherent literacy system in which all instructional contexts are reciprocally connected to improve student outcomes. This information packed guide provides an important look at reading, writing, talking, and word study, while succinctly describing research-based instructional practices for high-impact literacy teaching.
Who is it for?
The Literacy Quick Guide is perfect for:
- PreK–8 classroom teachers
- Literacy coaches
- Literacy specialists
- Instructional leaders
- School administrators
- District literacy leaders
- Professional learning communities
What is inside?
This must-have literacy tool for ALL teachers and school leaders takes a concise, practical look at:
- A Design for Responsive Literacy Teaching
- Reading including:
- Interactive Read-Aloud
- Shared Reading
- Guided Reading
- Independent Reading and Conferring
- Book Clubs
- Readers’ Workshop
- Talking About Reading
- Writing About Reading
- Writing including:
- Modeled Writing
- Shared Writing
- Interactive Writing
- Guided Writing
- Independent Writing and Conferring
- Writer’s Workshop
- Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study
- Professional Resources
How is it implemented?
Now with The Literacy Quick Guide at your fingertips, teachers and administrators can:
- Design effective literacy instruction for today’s classrooms, schools, and districts
- Plan instructional time that supports effective literacy learning in a variety of contexts
- Provide a rich, coherent design for literacy instruction
- Inspire collaboration amongst colleagues and cultivate a love of literacy for all students