search navigation

HomeClassroom Resources

Posts relating to Continuum, Word Study Guide, Choice Libraries, Select Collections and Genre Sets, the Leveled Book Website, or Prompting Guide

Centers Messages in this topic - RSS

Fisher
Fisher

11/6/2016
Fisher
Fisher
I use the work board in my classroom but I have questions regarding how to manage centers with higher level learners. For example- the ABC center- how do I differentiate center work to challenge the kiddos that are above everyone else? Yet still have appropriate work for the others in the classroom? Thank you!!
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

11/7/2016
Fisher wrote:
I use the work board in my classroom but I have questions regarding how to manage centers with higher level learners. For example- the ABC center- how do I differentiate center work to challenge the kiddos that are above everyone else? Yet still have appropriate work for the others in the classroom? Thank you!!

Great question! I think this would be a good one to put on the Facebook Community so you can get more suggestions quickly.
I see teachers using a color-coding system for differentiating activities within stations. Some students need to match letter forms uppercase with uppercase, others are ready to match upper with lower case, while others may be ready to match letter with pictures for beginning sound. Use the Phonics Continuum and the Planning for Word Work for each Guided Reading level to select activities by category.
Is this the kind of ideas you need?
0 link
April Schafer
April Schafer

5 days ago
April Schafer
April Schafer
How do you get the center icons? I purchased the GUided Reading Text by F&P and in the text it says they are on your website; however, they are not.

Thanks!
edited by April Schafer on 10/11/2017
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

5 days ago
April Schafer wrote:
How do you get the center icons? I purchased the GUided Reading Text by F&P and in the text it says they are on your website; however, they are not.

Thanks!

They are located in the Online Resources. You will need to use the product code listed in your new Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching Across the Grades to access the icons.

Have a great year!

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link
April Schafer
April Schafer

5 days ago
April Schafer
April Schafer
Where is the product code in the text?

Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant wrote:
April Schafer wrote:

Thanks!

They are located in the Online Resources. You will need to use the product code listed in your new Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching Across the Grades to access the icons.

Have a great year!
0 link
April Schafer
April Schafer

5 days ago
April Schafer
April Schafer
Nevermind I found it! It would have been nice if it were stated it was in the introduction of the book :)

April Schafer wrote:

April Schafer wrote:

Thanks!

Have a great year!
0 link

4 days ago
April Schafer wrote:
Nevermind I found it! It would have been nice if it were stated it was in the introduction of the book :)

April Schafer wrote:

April Schafer wrote:

Thanks!

Have a great year!

I apologize! So glad you found it.

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link