search navigation

HomeFountas & Pinnell Classroom

Lift students' learning beyond the walls of the classroom with texts and a blueprint for teaching that create authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting to realize what it truly means to live a literate life.

Shared Reading Materials Messages in this topic - RSS

Alex True
Alex True

27 days ago
Alex True
Alex True
I am having trouble organizing the shared reading materials that come in the kit. The teacher lesson folders, small group books, and big books are all in different orders. What is the best way to organize these and what is the suggested order to use these books.

I am a teacher leader and I am trying to help the teachers utilize these to the best of their ability but they are becoming frustrated with the organization. Any advice would be great.

Thank you in advance!
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

26 days ago
Alex True wrote:
I am having trouble organizing the shared reading materials that come in the kit. The teacher lesson folders, small group books, and big books are all in different orders. What is the best way to organize these and what is the suggested order to use these books.

I am a teacher leader and I am trying to help the teachers utilize these to the best of their ability but they are becoming frustrated with the organization. Any advice would be great.

Thank you in advance!

Have you used the information provided in the Online Resources, Shared Reading, General Resources: Getting Started with Shared Reading video and Organization Options Labels per grade level? On page 2 of the SR collection guide there is a recommended sequence (page 80 of the System Guide). Also, there is a document located here: http://www.fountasandpinnell.com/resourcelibrary/id/415 Organizing Your Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™: an Interactive Implementation Plan that may be helpful.

We wish you success organizing and using your materials.

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link