Skip to main content
search navigation

HomeProfessional Development

Questions about off-site, on-site, online and university professional development.

Guided reading professional development Messages in this topic - RSS

5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road

10/7/2019
5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
My district has purchased the phonics program grades k-2 in the past. We recently bought the grade 1 and part of grade two guided reading library collection. My district would like me to do an overview of guided reading for grades 4-6. I an wondering if I may access F and P videos in order to introduce guided reading to the upper grade teachers. We would like the teachers to really see a wonderful example of guided reading so that we can inspire then to choose this instructional approach. Thank you.
Annie
0 link
Helenann Steensen, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

10/7/2019
5 Harkness Road wrote:
My district has purchased the phonics program grades k-2 in the past. We recently bought the grade 1 and part of grade two guided reading library collection. My district would like me to do an overview of guided reading for grades 4-6. I an wondering if I may access F and P videos in order to introduce guided reading to the upper grade teachers. We would like the teachers to really see a wonderful example of guided reading so that we can inspire then to choose this instructional approach. Thank you.
Annie

Hi. I am excited that your district is considering the guided reading collection. We have many webinars and videos available here: https://www.fountasandpinnell.com/resourcelibrary/default?type=videos
I would suggest you contact your area sales representative for other materials you could use. You can locate your sales rep at this link: https://www.heinemann.com/distributors.aspx
I hope these resources prove helpful.

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link
5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road

10/10/2019
5 Harkness Road
5 Harkness Road
Is there a way to view the guided reading videos both with and without the commentary that accompany the Grade 5 guided reading book collection? I would like to show it to my teachers to help explain the guided reading process in the upper grades. We have the guided reading grade one collection already. We do not yet have the grade five collection.
Thanks,
Annie
0 link

10/11/2019
5 Harkness Road wrote:
Is there a way to view the guided reading videos both with and without the commentary that accompany the Grade 5 guided reading book collection? I would like to show it to my teachers to help explain the guided reading process in the upper grades. We have the guided reading grade one collection already. We do not yet have the grade five collection.
Thanks,
Annie

Hi Annie,

The videos for grades 4, 5, and 6 are currently still in production and will not be available until Spring of 2020 at the earliest.

We recommend that you contact fpc@heinemann.com if you need help getting started with FPC Guided Reading.
We wish you success with your PD!

--
Helenann Steensen, Official Fountas & Pinnell Consultant, Heinemann
0 link